The 2021 Oregon legislative session is underway and we have an opportunity for you to help preserve homeschool freedoms in Oregon!
Your family can help OCEANetwork spot bad bills submitted during the Oregon legislative session. This could even be a great way for your young adults to get involved and count it toward a civics class!
Identifying Bills That Impact Oregon Homeschoolers
The Legislature provides a search function for bills submitted during the 2021 Oregon Legislative Session. Here’s how to use it:
- Go to the Oregon Legislature Find a Bill page.
- Enter a word or phrase into the Search Bills box, then click the magnifying glass or press enter or return on your keyboard. Use words and phrases that are more likely to provide search results of bills that may be of concern to homeschooling parents. For example: parents, children, education, school.
- When the search results are returned, click “2021 Regular Session” in the Filter Your Search box.
- Bills containing your search term will be listed.
- You can refine your search using AND, OR and/or NOT (see https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/Pages/BooleanTips.aspx).
Please contact OCEANetwork if you see any potential bills that impact Oregon homeschoolers or parental rights.
Note that we are already aware of the following bills for the 2021 Oregon legislative session:
- SB254 – not directly related to homeschooling but we will be issuing an advisory
- SB223 – not related to homeschooling but we’re watching it
Looking for More Ways to Help?
- Sign up for emails to get regular updates from OCEANetwork as well as alerts when we issue a call to action on bills that impact Oregon homeschoolers.
- Become a Supporting Family to help OCEANetwork continue our year-round work to protect and expand freedoms for homeschoolers in Oregon.
- Volunteer to help with social media, events, articles, and more.
- Spread the word! Let current and potential homeschoolers in Oregon know about OCEANetwork and how we help protect their freedoms, help them connect, and provide resources for their homeschool journey.