Volunteer at the conference and
get early access to the Used Curriculum Exchange!
Conference Volunteers ~ Serving others! We need you!
Every year, dozens of wonderful, servant-hearted conference attendees willingly sacrifice part of their time at the conference. Why? Because they understand that without their help, it would be impossible to have a conference that the average homeschool family could afford to attend.
There are several opportunities for adults and young adults 15 and older who are attending with a parent. Sign up online for the job and shift you want. So you don’t have to feel like you are missing any of the messages, you will receive a coupon for one MP3 download for every session you miss. Most shifts are two-and-one-half hours to three hours long.
- You must be registered for the conference to volunteer. You can indicate you want to volunteer when you register for the conference.
- If you are already registered and you would like to volunteer at the Used Curriculum Exchange, please fill out this contact form and we will get back to you.
- If you would like to help in the rest of the conference, you can contact the volunteer coordinator by filling out the volunteer submission form.
As a thank you for helping the OCEANetwork Conference run smoothly, volunteers will be in the first group to be allowed to shop the Used Curriculum Exchange. Shopping for volunteers will be on Friday starting at 12:15 p.m.
Volunteer Positions Available at the Conference
- Set up crew: Thursday afternoon. Help the vendors unload their products. This job is one of heavy lifting and physical labor. Please do not volunteer to do this if you have health problems or are pregnant.
- Morning Greeters: We are looking for friendly, smiling folks who like to make families feel welcome at the conference. Friday, bright and early, 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- General Session Greeters: Greet people coming into the general session hall, give out handouts, collect evaluations. You get to hear the general session, but need to arrive 15 minutes early and stay a little after the session.
- Tear down crew: Saturday afternoon. Help the vendors move out their products when the exhibit hall closes. This job is one of heavy lifting and physical labor. Please do not volunteer to do this if you have health problems or are pregnant.
- Used Curriculum Exchange Volunteers: Volunteers are needed Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Saturday to help organize the books for the Used Curriculum Exchange. Sign up when you register for the conference. Or if you have already registered and would like to volunteer for the Used Curriculum Exchange, please fill out this contact form and we will get back to you.
*** Looking for opportunities to volunteer with OCEANetwork year round? Click here to find out more.