We are pleased to have Andrew Pudewa from the Institute for Excellence in Writing join us as a main speaker for the 2019 Oregon Christian Home Education Conference!
IEW is also partnering with OCEANetwork to host a fantastic 1-day event for Oregon homeschoolers the day before our conference! Join us for the IEW High School Essay Intensive on June 27th.
Registration for the IEW High School Essay Intensive is open NOW and is separate from registration for the OCEANetwork conference, which opens April 16th.
(Save with the Early Registration price of $50 through June 6, 2019. After this date the regular registration price is $60.)
(Save with the Early Registration price of $25 through June 6, 2019. After this date the regular registration price is $30.)
Presented by IEW’s humorous and engaging director and master teacher, Andrew Pudewa, the High School Essay Intensive class provides immediate experience and inside tips toward high school essay writing, including
- General Strategies for Essay Writing
- Choosing a structural model based on length requirements
- Using “invention” and thinking skills to know what to write
- Practicing style techniques to improve language
- Understanding and Preparing for the New ACT® Essay
- General guidelines
- Types of essay prompts
- Deciding topics and details
- Outlining strategies
- Understanding and Preparing for the Redesigned SAT® Essay
- Understanding a critical analysis essay
- Strategies for the College Application “Personal Essay”
- Types of essays and prompts
- Determining topics and details
- Standing out from the crowd
Participants will leave with
- several new tricks and techniques to add to their repertoire
- a clear concept of each writing task
- an understanding of how to outline for better organization
Open to all students regardless of their experience with IEW courses or methodology, this seminar also offers tools and tips for general composition skills. Come prepared with pen and paper to write multiple essays and outlines during this six-hour class.
Parents are welcome to attend at a reduced cost.
We hope you and your high school students enjoy this opportunity!