Dear homeschool families,
We are so very grateful for the financial support of those who contributed to the work of the Oregon Christian Home Education Association Network during 2021. For more than 35 years, volunteers serving with OCEANetwork have labored to preserve our valuable and hard-won homeschool freedoms. Your generous support allows this important work to continue.
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1
What your help accomplished this year through OCEANetwork:
- An online encouragement event that included original video workshops by top national homeschool experts.
- New Homeschooling Special Needs resource pages with information on creating a PDP, finding support, and more.
- Educational posts and an FAQ that educated families on the dangers of taking government funds for home education.
- Our first ever virtual homeschool science fair and homeschool speech contests.
- Support for two regional, in-person homeschool events; one in Pendleton and one in Hillsboro.
- Work by our Freedom Watch Team to closely monitor Oregon legislative activity, identifying potential threats to homeschool freedom and parental rights.
- Participation in the national conference of state Christian homeschool leaders to learn ways we can serve you better and support homeschool freedoms across the nation.
OCEANetwork has been a trusted resource for Oregon families for over 3 decades. We are excited about serving even more families in 2022, and YOU CAN HELP!
Here are a few ways your support will impact Oregon homeschoolers in the new year:
- Lord willing, our annual statewide home education conference is taking place June 17-18, 2022 in Albany. Plans are in the works and we hope to see you there!
- We’re rolling out new perks and benefits to reach new families and as a “thank you” tothose who contribute to OCEANetwork and support homeschool freedom.
- Our Freedom Watch Team will faithfully monitor legislation and other initiatives, sending out alerts about threats to your homeschool freedoms.
- We’re creating content that educates new homeschoolers, as well as those who influence laws and policies, on the blessings of homeschooling and why we need to keep it free.
- We are also excited to announce the upcoming launch of the OCEANetwork podcast to expand the reach of our message and encourage more homeschooling parents!
Given all that has been happening in the public schools, the number of homeschooling families increases daily. With that growth comes an increased need for support, encouragement, and accurate information. What you may not know is that the OCEANetwork team is small. We currently have only a handful of board members and key volunteers.
As you can see, the task is monumental! There are an estimated 20,000 homeschooled students in Oregon. Of those we serve 4,500+ families in our communications, and fewer than 200 families contribute financial support to the ministry of OCEANetwork. WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT!
Please pray with us that families will disciple the next generation for the Lord. Pray for OCEANetwork volunteers, that the Lord would bring more workers to the task, and that our efforts would bring glory to God. And finally, please consider supporting OCEANetwork financially so that we can continue this important work.
We cannot overemphasize our gratitude for your essential and valuable role in OCEANetwork!
Thanking the Lord for you,
~ The OCEANetwork Team