Ready to Start Homeschooling Your Child?
We’re excited to help you take this first step toward homeschooling your child!
In Oregon, parents send a letter to their Education Service District to notify the ESD of their intent to homeschool. OCEANetwork recommends mailing a paper letter rather than using an ESD’s online form. To make this process a little easier, we have provided a form that will generate a PDF document that you can print and mail to your ESD.
Important note: A letter of intent is required to be sent once for each child when they are 6 years old by September 1 of the upcoming school year or within 10 days of withdrawing your student from public or private school. (If you move into a new ESD area, you’d submit a new letter of intent to them.) Read here for more important information about the letter of intent.
Oregon Homeschool Letter of Intent PDF Generator
- Complete the fields below and click “Generate Letter” to receive your letter of intent PDF by email. (If you don’t know your ESD information, you can find it here.)
- Your email address will not print on the PDF form. It is required in order to send you your PDF.
- We will also add you to the OCEANetwork newsletter email list if you aren’t already on it so that we can send you Freedom Watch alerts, helpful information, and encouragement. (You can unsubscribe anytime.)
- In order to protect your family’s privacy, we do not save any other form data, so if you lose your email or PDF, you will need to fill out the form again.
- After you receive the PDF document via email, print a copy for your records and one to mail to your ESD.
OCEANetwork is the Oregon Christian Home Education Association Network. We work year-round to protect and expand your homeschool freedoms in Oregon while also encouraging and equipping homeschool families. Contact us if you have any questions about homeschooling in Oregon!
* Reminder: By submitting this form you agree to be added to the OCEANetwork newsletter email list if you aren’t already on it so that we can send you Freedom Watch alerts, helpful information, and encouragement. (You can unsubscribe anytime.)