Help preserve home education freedom for generations to come.
The Oregon Legislature meets for the “long session” in odd years and a “short session” in February of even years. Whenever the legislature is in session, bills could be introduced which would impact your freedom to homeschool in the ways you determine are best for your children. The Oregon Department of Education makes rules that implement the laws passed by the legislature, so OCEANetwork also monitors action by the Department.
Below are bills OCEANetwork has followed and the alerts we sent to families on our email list for the last year. The most recent alerts are on the top of the list.
Keep informed. Sign up to receive emails from OCEANetwork including political action alerts.
To find contact information for your State Senator and State Representative, go to the Oregon State Legislature’s Legislator Locator page.
- 2019 – Call to Action on Vaccinations Bill (HB 3063) – 3/16/19
- 2019 – Vaccinations Bill (HB 3063) – 3/5/19
- 2019 – Study on home visits in Oregon (SB 526) – 1/25/19
- 2017 – SB TBA, Remove homeschool testing – 5/11/17
- 2017 – Fall 2017 ESDs, Challenges – 9/23/17
- 2017 – SB TBA, Remove homeschool testing – 3/1/17
- 2017 – HB 2842, Occupational and Professional Licensing Equity Bill – 3/28/17