General Session Speaker
Israel Wayne of Family Renewal Ministries is an author and conference speaker with a passion for defending the Christian faith and promoting a Biblical worldview. His books include Homeschooling from a Biblical Worldview, Full-Time Parenting: A Guide to Family-Based Discipleship, Questions God Asks, Questions Jesus Asks, Pitchin’ a Fit: Overcoming Angry and Stressed-Out Parenting, Education: Does God Have an Opinion? and Answers for Homeschooling: Top 25 Questions Critics Ask.
Israel and his wife Brook were joined in marriage without dating and share their testimony of God’s faithfulness on an audiobook titled, What God Has Joined Together. Both homeschool graduates themselves, Brook and Israel are home educating their ten children.
Israel desires to see God’s people learn to think and live Biblically. Aiming for both the head and the heart, Israel’s goal is to challenge audiences to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ.
Israel’s workshops at the 2019 OCEANetwork conference
- Education: Does God Have an Opinion – Is Education a neutral subject? Does God have a preference for how He wants children to be educated? What does the Bible teach about schooling? Is there one correct path for education? Are public schools a viable option for Christians? These questions and more will be discussed in this engaging presentation.
- Pitchin’ a Fit: Overcoming Angry and Stressed Out Parenting – Everyone struggles with anger on some level, but when anger is a frequent occurrence with your children, over time, it will damage your relationships and hinder your effectiveness. Are you tired of being stressed-out, and ready to have a peaceful atmosphere in your home? Learn how in this important workshop.
- Common Mistakes Christian Parents Make – Many well-intentioned parents make harmful mistakes as they relate to their children. These mistakes often contribute to bitterness in their children. Over time, they can result in children rejecting their parent and their values. Learn to avoid these pitfalls.
- Is Homeschooling Just for Women (dad’s session) – For many men, homeschooling has been looked at largely as something their wife does. Many believe that if they pay the bills, that is really all that God expects of them. Biblically speaking, what is the proper role for men in the process of home education?
- The Power of Affirmation – When you are trying to inspire and motivate children, there are two forces that are often exerted: Positive and Negative Reinforcement. In this session, Israel explains the importance of Affirmation as a way to inspire and motivate your reluctant child. Drawing from practical and Biblical examples, this session will help you to keep those important relational connections as you are attempting to impart knowledge.
- Being Salt and Light Families – As homeschoolers, we are often accused of retreating from society instead of impacting it. What is the balance between sheltering our children and reaching out to a lost world around us? In this session, Israel explains how you can equip your children for the ‘real world’ by developing a family ministry.